View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #50
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@Thasaidon...I think I've just discovered the main reason for your spacing problems. Basically, I think your Windows Start Button > Control Panel > Display magnification is set to Medium - 125%. I set Windows magnification to Medium - 125% on my computer and rebooted. And when I ran my plugin in Sigil I had exactly the same spacing problems as you. And because it's a Windows display setting that is set outside Sigil, there is really not much I can do to resolve this problem. Best case would be that I might be able to find a way to test for and reset Windows magnification back to 100%(default) by somehow using a class from the the Windows libraries within Tkinter. But this solution -- reverting to smaller default fonts -- also might not be what you want.

If you want to confirm or verify the above for yourself, just click on Start Button > Control Panel > Display and set the magnification(font size) to 100% - smaller(default) and then just reboot your computer. And when you run the plugin in Sigil now, the dialog displays should look OK(with smaller fonts).

To cure your Windows resizing problems in Sigil just follow the instruction below below to allow window resizing on windows 7:

* Click on Windows Start Button > Ease of Access Center > Make the mouse easier to use > Make it easier to manage windows

* Untick the Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when being moved from the edge of the screen option at the bottom of the dialog and save. You might also have to reboot your system afterwards. Doing this should hopefully resolve your resizing problems in the dialog window so that you can stretch the window to finally see the OK button.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-12-2018 at 05:26 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote