View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
How do I get a double space between paragraphs?

I am trying to get some personal documents edited for reading on the Kobo. I am driving myself crazy trying to get it to double-space in between sections. What I want is something that looks like this:

Paragraph 1

New paragraph

So in between the two paragraphs, a break with double space all around it, exactly as it looks above. I do this using the WYSIWYG editor and it looks fine. On my iPad in iBooks it looks fine. On the Kobo, it looks like this:

Paragraph 1

New Paragraph

I have tried every trick I can think of (given my limited skill) and it just is not coming out ok. My boyfriend is a programmer and he says that the extra <br> code should make it break. But it just isn't. This seems like it should be such a simple thing to do and since it looks fine on the iPad I am wondering what gives. What can I do to fix this so it looks ok on the Kobo? I have several more files to fix and want them all looking the same.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote