Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #1014
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
OK..., second attempt at the margins patch for the Paperwhite, which hopefully fixes all of the previous issues. Download now available again at the original post.

Special thanks to DuckieTigger for the extensive testing, and for the very helpful input!

While this version has been tested rather thoroughly (with .mobi/.azw3 books, and with .pdf files), I cannot guarantee that it will always work correctly under all circumstances. If you experience odd behavior, please report it here.

PS: Did I mention that Amazon did a great job in making their code look like complete rubbish? Thanks, Amazon, much appreciated. We really love to get fucked while attempting to make your devices more usable.

Thank you for mentioning me there. I waited a bit to see if all really really worked. It got the DT-approved stamp of approval now.

When I had my page view earlier (with full footer), it must have been a brainfart on the Kindle. Unfortunately I cannot replicate this again. That is a (undocumented) feature I would like to have - see the page number (not the dumb location code) all the time. Oh well. All margins set to 15 except for the bottom set to 30 works great Maybe when you get to port the part in JBPatch with the bar in the bottom it will be better. As long as you leave me the time left and chapter, real page number, and % all in one single line, I will be a happy camper. (hint hint )

thank you ixtab, excellent work.

p.s.: I think you can pack it the way it is into a complete new JBPatch, or at least link it in the very first post.

p.p.s: About the dead horse. I barely noticed. Did you say something (again). Yeah, I got my Amazon ears in, I hear ya.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote