View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #82
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
For occasional encounters, when we first became a tv-less family by choice, in the early 90's we'd get the blank stares and disbelief.

"You are kidding me!" "So, what do you DO?" Even the explanation that we occasionally had visual media in other formats (dvd, vcr hooked to computer monitor) didn't seem to placate them .

(At the time, our crowd of children were very young - kind of the opposite of how when I was young in the 70's parents who 'let the tv babysit' were often scorned.)

I remember being 10 years old talking to a woman who was visiting my foster mother, about my 'top 5 favourite tv shows", and the woman was old-fashioned and kind of shocked, that any young child would watch enough television to *have* enough knowledge of tv programming to pick 5 they liked best.

Nowadays at least most people I know use you-tube and have "seen that video with the..."

During those younger years for our 4 (sometimes 5) children, they most certainly did behave WELL when at a movie theatre. They savored the experience and didn't take it for granted. We'd go out as a family once or twice per year to watch a movie.
more people could stand to go tv-less in this country-

other than a handful of shows, i despise tv. i think i'm the only person under 80 who calls it "the idiot box".

Last edited by xg4bx; 09-07-2012 at 08:10 PM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote