View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
The eink screens are quite nice, but you are not alone in looking for something with built-in lighting. The best, currently-supported unit most of us have found is the eBookwise several others have already mentioned, and it is relatively inexpensive. I just switched back from an early Sony model to my eBookwise, and I am happy to be back.

It should be noted that it will not read your existing Adobe ebooks, but the ebookwise store is pretty good (run by Fictionwise), and there are tools for converting public domain files as well.

If you like the extra functionality of a PDA, the Nokia is nice, but does not support any of the protected formats, including your Adobe one. On the other hand, HP and Palm still sell actual PDAs (in addition to smartphones), with great software support for just about any format. PDAs may seem extinct, but they are still out there, and they still have the lighting you expect.

Good luck with your search.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote