Thread: Amazon Changes!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 01:59 PM   #56
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
A couple of weeks ago I bought a new laptop from Amazon. I tried to find just what I was looking for on their site and finally gave up. I went to Best Buy's site and searched and found the model that I wanted and then went back to Amazon, found it and bought it.

I don't think the problem is just Amazon promoting their own stuff. I think it's more that they're sloppy. I couldn't search for an IPS display, for example. That's an important consideration in a laptop. I could search for a specific SSD size but not for that size or larger. I wanted something with at least one USB C port but that wasn't a search option. I probably looked at a few hundred laptops their over generalized search brought me and I never saw the one I ended up buying.

Another new Amazon issue happens when I use the browser on my phone to look for something on their site. Every time I get a popup suggesting I install the Amazon app instead. It has a very large button that will take me to that app in Google Play and a very tiny line of text I can tap to opt out. But it's very difficult to opt out and not accidentally end up in Google play. I called Amazon to complain about this and they suggested I turn off pop-ups in Chrome but I already have them off. They couldn't offer any other suggestions.

Amazon used to brag about being customer centric and in a lot of ways they still are. But more and more they're also getting customer irritating.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote