View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #75
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Jerry has posted the JBL 0.16b BETA that he has been checking out, over at the
Ectaco Forum site. He said earlier that it still had some bugs, so I guess he might
be interested in what we find. (I put a link to Jerry's post in a non-sticky thread
today)

I just flashed mine and it shows "Software: v0.16b Patch: v16".

It shows "Reader Mobile" by Adobe... Version 9.1.1" for PDF "About" menu item.

The PDF reflow looks pretty good, to me. PDFs that the JBL used to treat as full page
images are now treated as they are on my PC.

More important to me my Calibre generated epubs still look good, in some ways better
than before. The way the "Font/Zoom" is working on the epubs may take some getting
used to though.

It seems to be handling my PDB eReader DRM books OK, but it's not asking for my
unlock data so I am not sure. The PDB books seem to still function as before.

I'm not sure what "bugs" Jerry was seeing, but I've just started with it.

Luck;
Ken

The "Background Music" settings for epubs, might be one?

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-27-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote