View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #7
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi Daniel,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDR1000 View Post
Can you tell me, if Xournal is able to merge my old scibbles to pdfs, so that i can see them in my acrobat reader?
I am currently making some modification the the source code so the scribbles can be read again (with the new 2.0-rc2 firmware). Although importing and saving as pdf worked last weekend in the emulator environment, I need at least coming weekend to check some issues on the real device and prepare an (preview-)installation package.
So to answer your question: Yes, Xournal will be able to merge your scribbles. (I only tested with scribbles I made with the 2.0-rc2 firmware, since I did not have to change any 'calculation'-code I assume it also works for scribbles made with other 2.0 versions and even with 1.7.1-scribbles.)
In a later stage I also want to be able to import Notes-files into xournal, which can then also be exported as PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDR1000 View Post
And if so, how do i use it for the dr1000? I am a bit confused, if xournal runs on the device or seperately on the PC, where i can merge the files with their scribbles database.
Xournal is an application that runs on the DR, the merged file is written as a pdf on the SD-card and can be copied to the PC.

I know that other people are also creating some tools to merge the scribbles from a PC, but I am not sure what their status is.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote