View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #29
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Then you would be guessing wrong...I know more people that are using older Kindles that can't handle kfx than ones that are using newer ones. Granted, my anecdotal evidence isn't definitive, but there are still many many people using the older Kindles. I think the fact that Amazon still makes books available in a format for them now, years after the introduction of kfx, shows that they are still committed to supporting the older models.

Shari
You have to identify what device you are downloading to when you use Download and Transfer by USB. There is no reason they couldn't change it to give KFX files for those devices that can handle them.

There is a difference between there being enough users to continue supporting a mature file format and there being enough to be concerned about not having the DRM locked down on those files as well as you would prefer.

If Amazon decided that they were really committed to a newer more difficult to break DRM, they could always update the firmware on older devices to support AZW3 files with a new DRM. That would be pretty extreme though so I doubt they would bother with it.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote