View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #18
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I think it's unlikely Amazon is trying to avoid people cracking DRM. It doesn't seem to be something they care about beyond keeping publishers happy that they're safe. I often buy a book, remove DRM, do things like improve the TOC and send it back to my library to be read as a doc on my Kindles.

Because I value my relationship with Amazon I've discussed this a couple of times over the years with their support people. Both times I've been told they just don't care. I do buy the books. They know I bought them. They have no problem with me removing DRM. In fact one of the support guys wasn't familiar with this so he asked around and called me back and explained that some of the Amazon employees do the same thing.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote