View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #53
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Yes, but at least copyrite has the email in case Amazon connects that account to their account.
Exactly. It is good that copyrite now has everything so plainly on the record. It will make things that much easier in the unlikely event that there are future repercussions. Admittedly I am a little paranoid about this sort of thing and for this reason if it was me personally would like a confirmation that the fraudulent account has been closed.

Presumably any gift card balance will vanish into some sort of Amazon suspense account. Probably it should be refunded pro-rata to the victims or to their credit card issuers. though I can't see this happening. The sad fact is that most large companies including Banks regard this sort of fraud as just a cost of doing business, as they suspect that the cost of dealing with it would be far greater.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote