View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #51
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I hate to spoil the party with my paranoia and cynicism, but what is "appropriate action" on the account? The letter uses what are often referred to as weasel words. "credentials" normally means more than just a name and address, and it is a stretch to describe them that way. The expression of puzzlement as to how the unauthorised party obtained these "credentials" may be appropriate to credit card details, passwords and the like but surely not to a publicly available address? To me it sounds like a very grudging we don't really believe you but we'll do something just to shut you up.

Although Amazon write they have taken action which hopefully will prove to have been appropriate, it seems to me that the people who have actually handled your response are sceptical of what you have told them. It is worth verifying both that they have closed the offending account and that your own legitimate account is unaffected.

The first response certainly shows part of the utility of the criminal sending a few small items to your actual address and the desirability of querying and returning such items. And even their executive support people demonstrate appalling ignorance of what is a common scam.
Yes, but at least copyrite has the email in case Amazon connects that account to their account.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote