View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #11
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
For anyone interested in the grand finale of this little drama...

After having been away from home for a while, and thus unable to get my iLiad picked up for return, I decided to have a go at fixing the problem myself, and managed to get the offending blockage out of the MMC card slot using a pair of fine tweezers. It wasn't a plastic dummy MMC card after all, but a little plastic thing which (iLiad informed me, after asking me to describe it to them) the manufacturers put in the card slot to make it easier to solder the card slot to the main board, and which is supposed to be removed as part of the manufacturing process.

Seems I've had an entire new main board put in my iLiad, which also explains why my PID had changed, and I had to re-download all my Mobipocket books. iRex did apologise for not having mentioned this.

So, I have a new main board, a new PID, the unexpected switch-off problem has gone, and my MMC card slot is unblocked and working fine. I did have a brief problem with BooksOnBoard's store not showing some of the books I'd bought from them which I needed to re-download, but they fixed that within an hour when I complained, so that ended well.

Hopefully that's the end of that saga, and I can go back to reading ebooks with no further trouble. I would say I don't have so many problems with paper books, but since the pages are falling out of several role-playing game books I'm using at the moment, this wouldn't be quite true. Hey ho!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote