View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #34
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Alex,

At Smash, you just use the "insert page break" feature of MS Word, and when the EPub is generated, the page break is there.
Thanks, Vydorscope, I appreciate your response, but ...

I've got the Smashwords Style Guide in front of me at Step 12:

'If you insert page breaks into your Word document (Insert: Break: [choose one]), the PDF and RTF versions will honor them, but these commands will be lost in most other formats, which strip page breaks and section breaks.'

Have things changed? Have you actually inserted a page break in Word and had it cause a page break in the resultant ePub?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote