View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whackatagin View Post
Hi harry,

That was quick. In answer to your 2nd question, yes, I have checked multiple instances of this effect in the source xhtml files. I'm almost OCD when it comes to cleaning up the source. All spacing is 100% spot on.
No, you misunderstand me.

You believe, as I understand it, that Calibre may be inserting extra spaces into the Mobi HTML. What I'm asking you is whether you've looked at the HTML source of the generated Mobi file (eg by using the "Mobiunpack" tool) and ascertained whether there really is extra spacing there.

The Kindle's justification algorithm can make the spacing look odd on occasions, and it's nothing to do with the Mobi file.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote