View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
My question really is whether to "License" it under that creative commons or to just simply say on the Copyright page those couple of things. I don't know that one gets much out of "Officially" releasing with links to that license. Dunno???
Ah. Good practical question. Do you value adherence to the terms of the license enough that you'd be willing to send out persuasive-looking takedown notices to those violating them? And/or do you anticipate much violation? If so, I'd say go the extra ... not so far and incorporate the CC license. If not, hard to see much benefit.

This is friendly, non-professional advice from an unpublished hack who doesn't know jack, so it might be best to do the opposite of whatever the above paragraph made you feel inclined to do.

Good luck on assembly! I hope to be doing some of that soon myself.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote