View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Yeah I usually liberate my books immediately because of this reason.

DRM is a blight. People who don't want to pay for something won't suddenly go and buy the book because DRM forced them into it. That's a pretty rare case imo. So they have obtrusive, annoying and dangerous DRM on books which consumers (the people who PAY for the books) hate - just to force the additional 1% of people to buy it.
Good take on DRM in general. It's a pacifier for the publishers who think everyone in the world is out steal from them, probably because they themselves are exactly that sort of people.

Something which often mentioned in this discussion is that DRM probably adds as much as $1/book to the consumer because the DRM provider gets paid for the service then the publisher does not just pass that through or absorb the cost, they actually mark it up as part of the production costs. And to counter the argument that adding DRM eliminates the need to add $3/book to counter darknet, I would say that is already factored into the cost of each book in the MSRP. So, that defense of the practice is specious at best.

BTW, I dare ya....post one more time to reach 1000 posts!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote