View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
bobstro
Zealot
bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014,Hisense Sero Pro 7,Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK now on sale

The SGT4N has gone live on the B&N pages. A few observations:
  1. The $179 price includes a time limited $20 discount.
  2. There's a $200 content bundle, but the 3 books and 3 apps are fixed, and the magazines available are limited.
  3. The HD/+ models are gone. Only the NGL and SGT4N show when you do a comparison.
  4. At $199, it's a tougher sell. At least one can tout the B&N features. Do Wishlist and Read In Store work?

The content bundle does nothing for me. I might do a crossword puzzle. Too bad it's not just a gift certificate for B&N content. Samsung's perks bundle for the SGT4 is more compelling, at least to me.

Are the HD/+ models finally gone for good?

My impression is that it's "not bad" for a reader, but not stunning. Best Buy and Samsung are currently running sales at about the same price. If I were shopping for a device, I'd try to buy it at B&N first, but would have no compunction about crossing the parking lot to Best Buy if B&N was out of stock.

Last edited by bobstro; 08-20-2014 at 10:47 AM.
bobstro is offline   Reply With Quote