View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #152
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
Faterson, is that right?!
Yes, it's absolutely true, Robinson. Unlike johnnyb, I haven't encountered a single iPhone app that doesn't display crystal-clear on my iPad 3. You know, I avoid trashy iPhone apps -- I mostly use top-quality apps, and those have all been upgraded for iPhone 4 (at least!) by now. Goodness, the introduction of iPhone 4 and the Retina screen seems like ages ago --although it's not even been 3 years.

Quote:
That's incredible--and if true, I would truly consider getting an iPad 3/4 even now.
You won't regret it! I'd definitely go for iPad 4, however. Despite the backlash (that I cannot understand), I really like the Lightning connector -- it's so much better not just because it's smaller, but because it can be inserted both ways, much like the MagSafe connector on MacBooks -- to me, that's a substantial bonus. (There are hardware improvements in iPad 4, too.)

Quote:
Do you have a web page, tech journal article, link with photos that shows this?
Nope, but you can truly believe me that at least all of my iPhone apps are crystal-clear on iPad 3's screen. They still look ridiculous and out-of-place, of course, due to their huge fonts -- but they are definitely usable on a long-term/regular basis, whereas looking at a monstrously grainy iPhone app on an iPad 1 or iPad 2 screen was likely to give me a headache within 5 minutes of use.

I do have one picture for you to look at... Check out the screenshot attached to this post. It shows the email notification with your MobileRead post, as displayed in the faboulous Mailbox app. As you perhaps know, Mailbox currently is only available for iPhone. Yet I use it on my iPad 3 every day, throughout the day! Apple's "Mail" app is so maddeningly dumb compared to Mailbox, I kicked it out of my dock on both the iPhone and iPad, the day my Mailbox account got activated.

Any screenshots will by necessity distort what you would see with your own eyes on an iPad 3 screen, but the screenshot attached to this post is an unedited screenshot of how Mailbox, an iPhone app, looks on my iPad 3 screen. All very nice and smooth, as you can, hopefully, see -- just the oversized fonts look weird, which is to be expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mailbox_iPhone_app_on_iPad_3.png
Views:	325
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	103384  
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote