View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #14814
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I was reading Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why by Bart D. Ehrman when Going Alien, a collection of sci-fi short-stories by MobileRead author Jeffrey A. Carver ("starrigger"), came to my attention. After reading the sample—an engaging story entitled "Shapeshifter Finals" about an inter-planetary wrestling match between a shapeshifter and a human—I just had to buy the book and finish the story. Now I'm back to reading Misquoting Jesus, after which I'll read the remaining stories in Going Alien.

Interestingly, I meant to download a sample of another of Carver's sci-fi short story collections, Reality and Other Fictions, because the title intrigued me, but I must have accidentally sent the sample to one of my other Kindles. I've since downloaded a sample to my PaperWhite, and will no doubt read that one, also.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote