View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #28
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x55 View Post
However a separate "What's New" category, maybe as a Library option, would be a useful feature. It could even use the same most-recent-largest heirarchy and display the five newest books.
What I actually find hilarious about all of this is that the original Kobo (and I assume Kobo Wifi) firmware did this, and to this day I'm baffled as to why they got rid of it.

The original devices had a 'Now Reading' type shortlist, which contained all open books, sorted in based on most recently opened, *followed* by the list of books you added when you last synced the device, in descending order... or at least I think that it how the list was sorted, but at least content wise I'm sure. If you synced the device again, and some of the books you had added the previous time were never opened or read, they'd disappear off the list.

I'd definitely love to see this come back, maybe as a special shelf like the shortlist. Or a 'newly added' shortlist, and don't update the carousel? Or an 'Open Books' shortlist?
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote