View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
At first I was going to ask what Windows NT logon scripts had to do with ebooks ... then I finally remembered that I had seen the kickstarter website some time in the past.

I guess I can see it as a suitable/viable option for non-fiction or fiction-collation work, where research and/or access needs to be funded and the result has some tangible societal benefit. But I have trouble seeing it as suitable for funding a fiction writer to write. I can see that they do have some ... including one I notice that ostensibly wants help getting existing books into bookshops. Perhaps that has merit ... although, to be honest, it seems to me that either your book does well enough to fund this for yourself, or it doesn't, in which case why would anyone invest money in something that has apparently already failed?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote