View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I hope Babeland also teaches those people about safewords, negotiated consent boundaries, the generally accepted* notion that the submissive is really supposed to be the one ultimately calling the shots due to trust placed in the dominant not to actually hurt them beyond what's been previously agreed to during said negotiated consent boundaries, and the general idea that BDSM should be "safe, consensual, and sane".

All of which apparently the actual 50 Shades books don't ever address at all, being some kind of faux-risqué staidly suburban middle-class fantasy of what those kinky, kinky BDSM people† do, with very little actual relationship to the real thing beyond using some of the same "toys", from what I've heard about them.

* Outside of people doing Gorean roleplay, which more mainstream BDSM practitioners sneer at for not having safewords as well as having a predictably unimaginative 1-way D/s setup, IIRC. It's like the sex fetish version of the Geek Hierarchy!

† This is not my kink. But it's depressing that I know more about how it's supposed to work than some people who are making good money writing bad information about how they imagine it works.

ETA: And now I have a postcount of exactly 5050, which is like some kind of weird coincidence that begs to be turned into a parody title. 5050 Posts of "No Way!"?

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-27-2012 at 12:51 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote