View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #725
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murre View Post
What kind of problems?
So severe it's not even possible to read books on it? Crashes a lot?
I am member of e Dutch forum (ereaders.nl) and there have been a flurry of posts about problems with the PRS-T1. Some of these were about the device locking up: these seem to have disappeared with the latest firmware update, although I also saw one or two complaints about problems after the firmware update.

Other problems mentioned were being unable to authorize the device, the Reader for PC program locking up, being unable to install the erader, problems with downloading ebooks, and the synchronisation not working properly. For me these were enough to disqualify the T1 as "the best choice". Contrary to this the Kobo has mainly favorable reports in that forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Grain of salt warning. You will notice the previous post cites "tons of problems" but fails to give any specifics. That's just bashing. Everyone has their favorite readers.
I did not cite "tons of problems". Those are your words. I said "several problems" which is quite different. And it has nothing to do with my favorite ereaders.
I am just mentioning reports from other users. That's not bashing. I just did not see a reason to give a list of the problems unless explicitly asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
The Sony's have been exceptionally dependable. I have not had a whit of problem with any including the original PRS-500, and I've owned every iteration up to the PRS-650. They are all awesome devices.
This was not about the PRS-500, or the PRS-650 but about the PRS-T1. The former ones were great devices (except that Sony Reader Library was not such a good program), and for some reason Sony made a quite a crappy entrance with the T1. They effectively released a beta version to the public. They could have done much better, and in fact they should still improve more.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote