View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #18
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
While you are experimenting with TTS, have you come across any TTS control features? What I've been asking Amazon is to give more than on-off switch for TTS, such as don't read this portion of text (to ignore some text that interrupts the flow), pauses (of different lengths), etc. Am I the only one who thinks this is useful and not that hard to implement?

Totsem, I second your request too. In addition, I would add control tags: read this portion in English, that one in French, etc. This way, we can have dictionaries with voice, or bilingual texts.

But above all, I want Amazon not to remove whatever functionality they have from new Kindles (e.g., TTS, dictionary/index support from Kindle Fire).

Last edited by osnova; 12-15-2011 at 03:22 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote