View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #164
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm really confused, first you say you liked looking in a single thread for the Kindle freebees...

We want a user to limit all their aff links to a single thread... but then you say that will cause you to look in multiple threads.

Once again, single thread per book for a deal/free bee is still 100% fine, as long as there is no affiliate link.

BOb
Bob, are you referring to my post? Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly, but the single thread I was referring to was this monthly one stickied in the Kindle section: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148536

Koland's post is perhaps a better explanation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I maintained a single thread in the Kindle forum - it was restarted and stickied each month and all new bargains and free books were posted there, ONLY for Kindle. It included books, games, indies (free only) ... everything Kindle. Perhaps once a month some posts had to be deleted by a moderator, as a drive-by author popped by, a lot of off topic comments showed up or there was a duplication of content (due to two posting at the same time).

There is now one thread per person and it can contain books of all content formats. So, yes, the OP in this case has to visit more threads with the new system (presumably he, like many in the Kindle forum, simply ignored this entire forum, before). There are probably fewer threads now, but only for those that paid attention to all the threads in this forum, before. For those that want one particular format, EPUB or Kindle, there is now more to read thru, to find those (then, repeat in each thread). There is also off-topic chatter in the individual threads, which was very much discouraged in the Kindle and nook forum threads.
Yes, yes, and yes! That is my issue and this is probably a much more negative change for those like me who used to only visit the single format thread in their device subforums. Trying to find the listings that used to be posted there now requires sifting through multiple threads in an additional sub-forum and an abundance of off-topic posts, which is a very frustrating change.

I used to be able to avoid this "Deals, Freebies and Resources" sub-forum all together before things were made more cumbersome. That's why it's hard for me to understand how it could result in fewer threads and posts. I'm used to the relying upon the single, well-managed monthly thread linked above for finding Kindle deals. Now the information is all scattered and duplicated.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote