Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #256
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyz View Post
I'm sure now this is what happened. The pocket edge splash screen says "Pocket Edge"... and now for a splash screen my PE with EE/OE firmware says "enTourage eDGe" mirrored backwards.

I've tried going to 1.01.002 PE firmware now with target forced like TARGET_DEVICE=UPDATE_DEVICE in the update.sh. Still hangs before it gets to Updating splash.
Use the PE golden update zip to revert your PE to 1.6 and then update to ermine again and be careful in future. MAKE SURE you have the correct files!!

DON'T mess with system files unless you know exactly what you are doing and have a backout option ready.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote