View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Bug: spurious HTML char code makes eBook Publisher halt!

I was converting some .prc to .imp recently and came across a situation where eBook Publisher died without so much as a good-bye!

The culprit is reproduced here (in bold):
Code:
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<p>Html documents with this entity &# 20; bomb!  No output produced by eBook Publisher v2.2.5</p>
</body>
</html>
Note for display purposes, I put a space between '#' and '2' which should be removed!

I think the author of the .prc wanted to use spaces HTML code '&# 32;' and typed the hex code 20 instead.

BTW, HTML char codes are the &words; used to represent specific characters, for example:
Code:
 '&' is represented by '&#amp;'
© is represented by '&#copy';
See the HTML Characters wiki for more information or Special Characters wiki for more advanced uses.

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-24-2008 at 09:13 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote