View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #15
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivgaen View Post
I too would not put it at the top of the list above S/R.
Search&Replace is (FINALLY) nearing completion and a new version of Sigil with it should hopefully be released in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivgaen View Post
But if your goal is more geared towards publishers -- if you want your epub file editor to be more useful RIGHT NOW to publishers who are struggling to get all of their files ready for e-Readers, then those publishers will use Calibre as a secondary tool if they need to.

Publishers don't want what we can already get elsewhere (features in Calibre), we want what doesn't exist yet -- and that's a GOOD way to edit .epub files!
Point taken. While I do care a lot about the people doing professional work with Sigil (or at least trying to), I have to consider the people who edit ebooks for personal use.

But you're right. Improving the WYSIWYG/general editing experience should come first. And it does. The redesign is all about improved editing. I even got sidetracked with the current release (<sigh>) and implemented more than a few performance enhancements.

This is also one of the reasons why I'll be spending time on creating a plugin framework for the importers after v0.2.0: I'll be able to decouple the importing functionality from the editing, and hopefully others will want to contribute their own plugins, even independently of Sigil's main development branch.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote