View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #15
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Probably true.

I think where it comes in is that Apple has hinted that they have little interest in running an e-book store version of iTunes. So having free apps that can sell content opens the door for third party vendors to sell books on the iPhone. People just go the extra mile and list it as more hints toward a tablet device with a larger screen which would be better suited to reading than the tiny iPhone screen.
Odd as it sounds, despite using a number of screen sizes, I almost always come back to preferring the iPhone screen size, in portrait mode, because it reminds me of reading a continuous newspaper article in column layout. And I wouldn't want a pocket reader to be any bigger.

That said I would like an Apple-ized tablet device for home and at the office for a variety of reasons, and definitely would use it for book reading at least some of the time.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote