View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
jamesbeat
Connoisseur
jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Not only did I know that he wrote 14 of them, but I have two complete sets, one set from when I read them as a kid and a new set that I bought about 10 years ago because the old ones are falling apart

I don't know why I got the time of his death confused, I must have just had a brain fart

I have a great fondness for these books. They seem rather old fashioned and not politically correct, but they got me interested in natural history.

I wonder what would happen if/when the company that holds the right to them went bust? Would they then become public domain?

Maybe they could avoid such a catastrophe by scanning the books themselves and releasing them as ebooks?
I know I'd buy a set in a heartbeat, and I bet I'm not the only person that grew up on them and would love to see them released in electronic form.
jamesbeat is offline   Reply With Quote