View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
The way I read it, Google's pitch is that they will let the publishers set the prices because they want to sell new eBooks at $25 and Amazon sells them for $9.99. Which I don't understand because Amazon pays the publisher, so it's not the publisher that takes any loss.

So, rather than competition the idea is to get the prices HIGHER. I guess the expectation is that the publishers would stop giving Amazon license to sell them and sell them via Google at much higher prices.

I for one do not see this as good for us customers.

BOb
and watch their market drop out from under them. if they do that it would just drive more people to amazon.

but google might take a smaller cut, which is a good thing for them
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote