View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I bought my Kindle at the beginning of the year and unwrapped it on 21 February. (They were backordered at first and then it arrived while I was in England.) Of the 137 books I have read this year -- so far -- 55 of them have been electronic books.

Sources:
  • Baen free library: 6
  • Purchased from Baen/Webscriptions: 8
  • Free from Feedbooks: 3
  • Free from MobileRead: 5
  • Purchased from Fictionwise: 5
  • Free from TOR: 2
  • Free from Amazon: 3
  • Purchased from Amazon: 21
  • Free from Steve Jordan: 1
  • Unknown source: 1
The last electronic book I finished reading was Rules of Engagement by Elizabeth Moon, which I purchased from Baen. I'm currently in the middle of four other electronic books:
  • A Passage to India by E M Forster, purchased from Amazon
  • Club Dead by Charlaine Harris, purchased from Amazon
  • Spacial Delivery by Gordon R Dickson, purchased from Baen
  • Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, unknown origin
I have *lots* of books queued up to read, but the electronic ones compete with the paper books that I read in my book-swapping group. Most of December, I've been catching up with my obligations there so of the 13 books I've completed in December, only one of those was an eBook.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote