Thread: MobileRead May 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
A general NonFiction category would be okay, but I think people like narrowing down their choices somewhat and "NonFiction" by itself is a big category.

As to the book club on the whole: My biggest, personal, wants going forward (assuming Mystery/Thriller wins for May) are a month for Fantasy (which doesn't seem all that popular here) and a month for Science Fiction. I like the idea of having a Modern Fiction month as well.
Modern Literature where the latest Harlequin romance wins and we all suffer.

But to be serious, I do like the idea of modern literature. We have too many cases where we get old books that are obsolete or hard to read or just not a good read and any other number of issues. People don't always pick the best book when something free is available even if that free one is the worst of the bunch. Take December's Ethan Frome. The worst and yet it won because it was short and free.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote