View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #36
McArrow
McArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with othersMcArrow plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
And, of course, you will need to have telnetd running on your kindle. That said, you will most probably want to just setup and enable USB networking support.

BTW, a vt320 terminal should be backwards compatible to vt100 and vt200.
For the future, I'm planning to compile GNU screen and have that running in the background to have re-attachable shell sessions.

Feel free to further hack on the code!
hawhill, your KindleTERM mod is very good

I just made GNU screen running on Kindle. There are still some issues regarding term settings, but basically it works...

Telnetd issue is also solved (without repetitive enabling of usbNetwork). I have just added this line to /etc/inittab
Code:
tn:5:once:/mnt/us/usbnet/bin/busybox telnetd
As I have Kindle 3G, I also wanted the chance (in emergency) to ssh to my Linux machines even when Wifi is not available...

I really don't want to exploit free 3G connectivity for some bad intentions. But I do believe that ssh console traffic is far less consuming then intensive browsing...
Anyway, I can confim it's working too... (after some hacking)
McArrow is offline   Reply With Quote