View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Orion Viewer Mod for Edge

I got some time to create modded version of Orion Viewer that works similar to native Edge viewer: when the book is opened the tablet side can be used for other things like web browser, or completely locked with back-light off. Page turning is done by hardware buttons on reader side.

This is still rough first take, as neither changing orientation, nor zoom or go to page dialog are working. As a matter of fact, there is no way in this version to get to preferences dialog either.

I am not sure if I will get time to implement this things in near future. I will submit my changes to the owner of the project, and hopefully he could merge this into his code in a proper way.

Until then it is still useful, at least for me, as it allows to read DjVu files comfortably in full screen.

Two important note for those wishing to try it:

1. In order for page turning with reader buttons to work, the latest allmine update (0.5) shall be installed first. You can find it here in the first post. The update can be quickly and safely installed on top of previous allmine update - no need to include google applications in update if you already have them installed.

2. If you already have official version of Orion Reader installed, you need to manually uninstall it, otherwise installation of modded version will fail due to different signatures of developers of the application.

Update 2013-05-06: Attached binary with fixed bug where application will crash when page turn button is pressed after application return from background.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OrionViewer-vldmr.zip (4.07 MB, 367 views)

Last edited by vldmr; 05-07-2013 at 09:09 AM.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote