View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #59
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I wouldn't consider that an upgrade at all. I got interested due to the kindle, but chose the Sony 505 after doing my research.

What he said!

There are books upon books...you just have to know where to find them

I have to say that after spending quality time with a Kindle 2 belonging to one of my friends, I am *very* glad I chose the Sony and don't regret it at all. It feels much sturdier to me, with its metal housing, and the screen quality (to me) is miles better on my Sony. I honestly do not mind the little bit of extra effort that I (sometimes) have to put in converting and obtaining books that I want. And, honestly, for me...I have to admit I am bit of a 'quick clicker.' It's probably not the best thing for me to have access to the Kindle Store via Whispernet at any time, lol. I think I would spend much more $ on eBooks had I gone with the Kindle. With my Sony, I have to search a little harder and sometimes convert to a different format and that usually tempers my impulsiveness. I have to really want it to hunt it down and get it into a format that suits my Sony (not that it's all that difficult, it's just that for certain titles it is definitely more involved than the 'clicky clicky oooooo new book!' that you get w/ Amazon).

Now, I am sorely tempted to upgrade from the 505 to the 600- but the Kindle, even with the price drop, isn't tempting to me at all.

So much of this is all based on personal preference. It honestly depends on what you want, when you want it, and how much effort are you willing to put into it. Kindles are hands down the most 'grab and go' of the options that are out there. And if that is what best suits your lifestyle, then who am I to tell you not to get one?

Last edited by Siwickimom; 10-10-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote