View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #41
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Surprised that no one has mentioned audiobooks. In the past year I have rediscovered them, and that has been the factor that has led to a big jump in reading. Having a smart phone that you can effortlessly load several audiobooks onto with an app that can skip back a few seconds if I missed something, and speed up pace of the narration has really revolutionized audiobooks for me. In the past audiobooks just were not appealing or convenient enough. I can now "read" while at the gym, doing housework, going for walks, etc. I used to listen to a ton of music, but that has been reduced dramatically as a result of audiobooks.
I don't think the e-reader changed the number of books I read, but getting an mp3 player and discovering audiobooks have made a huge difference. As you say, it's now possible to "read" while doing other mundane things, and more time to read translates to more books read.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote