View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #123
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
Problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to do it.
I built a touch u-boot that saves "fastboot" into the idme var in mmc, and although that worked for the K4, when I do it for the touch, it boots to fastboot, but disconnecting it and long reset makes it boot to main, not fastboot.

For some reason, the bootmode var seems to NOT be saved on the touch (or when using the touch u-boot).

To be able to unplug the kindle from a windows machine after setting fastboot mode, then plugging it into a linux machine, requires saving fastboot mode so rebooting automatically goes to fastboot.

This is not happening as expected and will take some more study when I get time...

EDIT:
Well... I *did* do it just before loading the kernel in the touch u-boot. But on the k4nt u-boot, I did it very early in the boot cycle. I will try that here to see if it works...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote