View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #25
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
Wonderful!!!!!!! One quick question: Is there any way to change the "Original" font setting as well? Or is it simply impossible to do so?
Original font is a special case; the device doesn't generate any CSS for it (instead using the renderer's default CSS). It might be possible to circumvent the check though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
Great work once again Morkl! Next step... selecting custom css?
That is definitely what's next for the Reader app. I'm gonna take a small break and clean up my code first though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
That is truly inspired coding. You have taken the PRS-T1 from "not a good choice because of disqualifying software bugs" to "quite a good choice."

It is sad that Sony couldn't do that on their own, since it took you about a day, but you, you get the right to be happy.
That's the thing I like about open (or in this case closed but rootable) systems, where anyone with the know-how and time to spare can fix things. Now, if only Sony would put up a repository where I could post my patches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@Morkl,

Wow, such rapid progress!!! Thank you

Now, please don't take this the wrong way. For us clueless non-Android types, if we have any problems after installing the customised reading app, is there a way to get back to standard Sony firmware?

Edit: I decided to risk it, anyway. Tried to run from the install_noroot folder (I'm using a WinXP PC). The messages coming up in the CMD box appeared to be copying the files to the T1, however it doesn't seem to have completed the process.
The script.log file contains the following:
Code:
Starting ./update.sh
./updates/data/app/EbookReaderMod.apk: MD5 check failure [ != 8c740786ff94bc488b623b68b3fef788]
clean_exit
I tried a second time, but unfortunately with exactly the same result. Any suggestions?

This is the content of the checksums file. By any chance, is the problem simply that the name in there is EbookReaderMod.apk when it should be EbookReader.apk?
Code:
8c740786ff94bc488b623b68b3fef788  ./updates/data/app/EbookReaderMod.apk
f078951460edbc1b7d7f4f06aa63dac4  ./tmp/do_update.sh
2e8f803dbd819b2b999b2e34539b84ce  ./tmp/rescue.updater
Yes, there is a "restore" package that flashes back the original firmware and an "sd rescue" package which does the same from a memory card even when unable to connect the device to a PC.

And the problem: my bad. I forgot to change the name of the file. Either change EbookReaderMod.apk to EbookReader.apk in the checksums file or rename the file EbookReader.apk to EbookReaderMod.apk or redownload readermod_v2.zip, because I have fixed it now
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote