View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Questions on libprs500 "fetch news" function

I did a quick search on the site for libprs500 and didn't see anyone asking these questions. If there are already other threads addressing the following questions then... sorry.

What I really want to know is if anyone has created py files for other news sources that they would like to share. I'll be honest and say I can't really figure out how it all works and would love to add some other sources to my reader (specifically sites like Reuters and Christian Science Monitor). Of course, even better would be step-by-step instructions on creating my own py files. "Teach a man to fish..." and all that. I would be very appreciative for any help in this area.

The other question concerns the existing news sources. I downloaded the NY Times two days in a row and got same exact news stories on the second day. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed and I relied on BBC News to fill me in on the day's goings-on. Anyone else have this issue? More still, anyone know how to fix it? It might be an issue with the site's rss feed, so maybe it's not fixable. But again, any help = much appreciated.

Thanks.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote