View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeat View Post

Having looked at iBooks a bit more since my previous posts, I've gone off it a little. it seems that there is a lot of 'eye candy' on the screen that may prove to be distracting.
In particular, a lot of screen real estate seems to be taken up by fake 'page edges', which I think are a little pointless.
I don't know if the iPhone version will look the same, maybe they'll do away with some of that stuff because of the smaller screen.

We'll have to see what it's like when OS4 comes out for iPhone...
Yeah, I'm pretty curious how they'll scale down iBooks for the iPhone...right now it has huge fixed margins on the iPad. Some of the eye candy, though (the font settings, page index, TOC, etc.) can be switched off..but not the fake page edges. Ironically, I created my own page edges for Stanza last year http://img98.imageshack.us/i/3menf.jpg/ .
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote