View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #329
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
The easiest way that I have worked out to get an App to open with the Open With plugin is to just create a one line batch file with the App's AppUserModalId thus:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\{AppUserModalId}

then convert that to an .exe (using any of the on-line or off-line tools found with Google). The .exe is then entered as the Application path in the plugin.

But as you have found this only opens the App. I have not really investigated any further as I suspect that the solution will depend on the App's ability to accept an argument from the plugin to open the book and the plugin's ability to send the correct argument, neither of which I suspect have been implemented in the relevant Apps and the plugin.

It would be very useful though.
Sorry for bringing up an ancient topic, but am having problems to setup Drawboard as PDF reader within Calibre after re-installation.

Tried the AppUserModalId thing to no avail.

Any pointers?

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote