View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 03:05 AM   #16
emdashery
emdashery began at the beginning.

Device: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
Counterpoint, if you're open to it: I think all the font changes are a little fatiguing, personally. It's really just a heading, two opening quotations, body text, and a sort of aside. I think you could sufficiently keep everything distinct via e.g. a small symbol between the scripture passage and the quote, and perhaps a simple box around the affirmation. You could probably even do away with the symbol if you moved the scripture citation to the end of it instead of the beginning.
Yeah I hear ya. It's critical the quote and scripture are both before the body as they are discussed in the reflection each day, and I think adding a symbol individually to 365 days of files is more work than it's worth! But I think I've found a happy balance. Since the h1 and h2 are showing up fine in both embedded and system fonts, and the scripture was already just system font italicized, I'm just going to change the quote to 1.1em and change the affirmation to 1.2em bold and call it a day! Now time to test it on one million different platforms!

Thanks guys!!
emdashery is offline   Reply With Quote