View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:16 PM   #7
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi David, Okay, I understand there isn't an online option. I'm okay with an offline option (an option to get them onto my USB-connected computer).

You mentioned four ways. I understand that "repeating would be a waste of time". Linking to them, however, wouldn't be. In fact, linking to them would be a timesaver.
Now, I have to search through multiple threads/posts, and some could be outdated. Anyway, if there's anyone who know what these four programs are, I'd appreciate it.

So far I came across https://www.matteopezzi.com/how-to-e...-on-kobo-aura/
Quote:
Add the following to to “Kobo eReader.config” file:

[FeatureSettings]
ExportHighlights=true

With this, the long press menu of a book will have an extra option, “Export highlights."
I wonder if geek1011 has included this in his patching.

davidfor, last week i installed your KoboUtilities plugin, to force sync metadata. I have just seen from the the plugin's dropdown menu that there are 3 entries that mention annotations:
1. Copy annotations for selected books
2. Backup annotation file
3. Remove annotation file

I gather that this method #2. I'd like to know
A) Is there a way, in Calibre (or inside your Calibre plugin) to see/sort through all books which have annotations? I can't seem to find/show a column for "Contains Annotations"
B) If a user chooses "Backup annotation file", where is it backed up to?
C) If a user chooses "Copy annotations for selected books", where are the annotations copied to?

I think I found method 3: "GUI Plugins" by DavidFor (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241206)

I wonder what the difference between DavidFor's two Calibre plugins are, when it comes to annotations.

Last edited by droopy; 09-12-2019 at 05:51 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote