View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #14
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
At one time, getting notifications when one of my favorite authors had a new book was what I used author-alerts for. Great website. You put in the authors you wanted to monitor and it would send you an email when a new book came out. Unfortunately, Amazon decided to block them so they shutdown.
Amazon tries to provide this service, but pretty much they fail miserably. I have added many authors that I'm interested in to get notifications from Amazon. Sometimes those notifications come, but most of the time they don't. Or they come months after the fact. About the only thing I see from this Amazon service are emails at the near-spam level telling me that James Paterson has released a new book. He must have about a million ghost writers these days, because notifications for him come with ridiculous frequency. Or, he writes books at about 3x the speed that I am able to read. I actually don't read his books anymore, because he no longer writes them. He was good in the beginning, but now he is just a name that they attach to someone elses work.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote