View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 03:21 AM   #17
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW1|PW3|PW4), Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Wait....this is about two books a month? TWO books a month? Because it's more time-consuming to click, select, delete?.

Hitch
I said there's at least 2 every month plus, the most important part here, I often start a series that's already running & have sometimes 20+ to do all at once. There's a series of automation modifications I already make, so I was having to run the automation list, then go delete the pages manually, so I wanted to do it as part of the automation. & since I do them on every book I expect I'll find others with the same thing. The reason I posted was because I discovered another distributor who had the same page as the one I get 2+ a month from. Because of that & the thought that anytime a page is titled "Signup" I'm not going to want it, made me feel that it was worthwhile to have.

& it's not just 30 seconds, it's a conscious consideration of "does this book have the page I want to delete?" & then scrolling through the list to see if it's there, then, if it is, deleting it. & in all reality I now have it set to delete the page before doing a "well formatted" check instead of having the check then doing other things. Personally I like having that be the last step just as a matter of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The thing is, eBooks with this file titled signup has other files I'll want to delete. So it's just easier to delete all the files you don't want by hand (IMHO).
I don't. Personally the reason I wanted it was because in one of the Signup pages there was an ad for a thing that was a minor spoiler for the series. Since it's being translated & the country of origin is a ways ahead in the story & I assume the edition they are translating may be a 2nd or 3rd printing or something. I don't really mind the Signup page in general, but I'd rather not see it if there's a chance it might have a spoiler, & manually deleting it potentially may make something visible I'd rather not see, so automatically deleting it has a bunch of small benefits & the 1 negative of having to set it up. But setting it up let's me learn things that I didn't know that I may use in the future.

I have 2 automation lists, 1 for official publications & 1 for fan-translations that tend to have stupid things like "in & out of itself" instead of "in & of itself". As of now I simply edit the file, click whichever one is needed for that file, then save. I'm not going in & changing or removing a bunch of pages, so the argument that "I always find something else that needs a cleanup" is completely irrelevant to me

Last edited by LostOnTheLine; 04-07-2023 at 02:15 AM.
LostOnTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote