View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #145
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
True, but there is also not much need to shop around in the first place. Book retail prices are quite high in Germany without much wiggle room to discount. Interesting as well - I have never seen a bookstore (B&M) in Germany that would not order a book for free (no extra s&p) within a week or less. That even includes foreign (language) books that would not be stocked in store normally. Bookstores always had great service even when other retail stores were somewhat lacking.
OK, so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansl View Post
That was not my point but since you mention it: I want to have a choice of shops under legal circumstances for buying living literature (not only download 70+ years dead authors). Being locked with Adobe DRM still leaves a selection of booksellers. Being locked with Amazon doesn't, at least not in Germany.
is a complete non-issue? Sounds good.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote