View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD8
Price is definitely a consideration. Free is always good, but frankly too restrictive. OTOH, I'm NOT willing to spend >$10 USD on a book I don't know and don't think will become a personal 5 star read. Or at least 4 star. Frankly, these days, ANY book I spend more than $9.99 on is almost certainly one that is the latest in a favourite series where I consciously want to support the author. (I note that means ANY book from Baen, for example, is within my upper price range.)

Frankly, for pure flyers, my upper limit is probably closer to $4.99, maybe $6.99. Surely we can find books we all want to read within these price constraints?

As for public libraries, they're just not a solution for a book club where the chances of being able to get a copy of the book in time to read it are not good. I've been on waiting lists for books we've chosen, but almost never gotten the book in time to read it for a discussion.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote