View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
sven
Enthusiast
sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
No g_ether.ko

Hi all,

A couple of months ago I also tried to get the usb networking running. Unfortunately I had no success, all I got was an error message:

[root@(none) /]# /bin/busybox insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
insmod: can't insert '/drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko': invalid module format

Same result with force-option for insmod:

[root@(none) /]# /bin/busybox insmod -f /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
insmod: can't insert '/drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko': invalid module format

I'm running 1.9.17, the kernel version of my Kobo Touch is as follows:

[root@(none) /]# uname -r
2.6.35.3-568-g4cf53cf-00050-g1422e3c-dirty

The version of the kernel module is:

[root@(none) /]# /bin/busybox modinfo /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
filename: /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
description: ARC USBOTG Device Controller driver
author: Freescale Semiconductor
license: GPL
vermagic: 2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+ preempt mod_unload modversions ARMv7

It seems that both versions do not match. The version of the kernel module in the freescale branch is closer and I can load the module with insmod:

[root@(none) /]# /bin/busybox modinfo /drivers/freescale/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
filename: /drivers/freescale/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
description: ARC USBOTG Device Controller driver
author: Freescale Semiconductor
license: GPL
vermagic: 2.6.35.3-568-g4cf53cf-00044-g1bab09b-dirty preempt mod_unload modversions ARMv7

But there is no g_ether.ko in that folder, only g_file_storage.ko.

I would appreciate any idea how to force busybox insmod to take a module with a different version magic, or how to get the right g_ether.ko module.

Thanks,

Sven

Last edited by sven; 07-05-2012 at 04:03 PM.
sven is offline   Reply With Quote